Last Updated: October 6, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide To Us
- Registration Information. When you sign up for a Beacon Platform account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number.
- User Profile Information. When you join your Agency’s Beacon Platform account, you provide certain user profile information, such as your transportation mode, zone/region (e.g., “Dupont Circle, Washington DC”), and your capacities or skills (e.g., “Doctor”).
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
B. Information We Collect When You Use The Beacon Platform
- Location Information. Trek Medics is all about coordinating local emergency resources. To do this, we need to know where the Responders are when an emergency incident occurs. When you are marked “on-duty” in a GPS-enabled mobile device, we collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We also collect this information every time a new alert is sent to you, when you confirm you are en route, when you confirm your arrival on-scene, when you request or reject additional assistance, when you confirm your transport status and/or when you arrive at your transport destination. We may also collect the physical location of your device when a Dispatcher/Supervisor specifically requests it.
- If you are marked as “off-duty” we do not collect your location.
- Your location information is necessary for activities such as receiving alerts, confirming arrival on-scene, determining additional resources, and choosing transport destinations. In addition, Responders’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating arrival times and resource allocation. If you give us permission through your device settings or the Beacon Mobile App, we may collect your location while the Beacon Mobile App is running in the foreground or the background.
- While you can prevent your mobile device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, Responder location is core to the Beacon Platform, and in particular to the Beacon Mobile App, and without it we are limited in how we can provide our services to you.
- Call and Text Information. We work with third party service providers to facilitate phone calls and text messages between and among Responders and the Beacon Platform when Responders have been connected to provide assistance. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS and/or chat messages.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect from Users to:
- Provide, operate, improve, expand, and promote the Beacon Platform;
- Ensure compliance with our Terms of Service, and sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Develop new products and services;
- Analyze how the Trek Medics community uses the Beacon Platform and identify usage trends, so we can improve our services;
- Communicate with you directly, respond to your inquiries and provide customer support;
- Personalize the Beacon Platform experience for Users;
- Send you marketing communications with information about the Beacon Platform or our other activities; and
- For security monitoring purposes and to find and prevent fraud, as well as to protect the safety of Users and the public.
Additionally, we use the Personal Information we collect from Agencies to:
- Communicate with Agencies who have started the agency application process regarding the status of their application;
- Determine an Agency’s eligibility to utilize the Beacon Platform; and
- Notify Agencies about demand, pricing and service updates.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Sharing Between Users
Responders that have been matched for an emergency response are able to see basic information about the incident, such as the incident location and the nature of the incident. Dispatchers/Supervisors see a Responder’s vehicle information and most recently-updated location as the Responder approaches the incident location (assuming the Responder has previously granted permission for the Beacon Platform to access the Responder’s location data). We also provide User location to other Responders assigned to the same incident.
B. Other Sharing
We may disclose Personal information:
- To our third party service providers to facilitate the services they provide to us, including, for example, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and other services;
- To comply with applicable law and regulations;
- To comply with a subpoena, court order, and/or other legal instrument, legal proceeding or relevant request by public and government authorities or law enforcement;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- In connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, or joint venture, transfer, assignment, or other disposition of our assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, to your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion; and
- To our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We collect Other Information through the Bacon Platform, such as:
- Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, and push notification tokens. We use this information to ensure that the Beacon Platform functions properly.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Beacon Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Beacon Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Beacon Mobile App, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Demographics. We collect demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, as well as information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Beacon Platform (including email recipients) and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Email Communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
- Updating Your Information. If you have created a User Profile on the Beacon Platform, you can log into your Beacon Platform account and update your profile information.
- Content Removal. If you are a resident of California, under the age of 18, and a registered user of the Beacon Platform, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Beacon Platform by sending us an email at [email protected]. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
USE OF THE BEACON PLATFORM BY MINORS
The Beacon Platform is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICES
The Beacon Platform is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and it is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.