Tanzania Rural Health Movement works to establish model healthcare services by continually providing and improving innovative hands-on medical services in all its endeavors in Tanzania.
We focus on provision of health services, health research and environmental sustainability and health.
The organization run the following programs; Street Medicine Project which provides healthcare services to over 200 children, youth and elderly living in and on streets across Mwanza city.
Mwanza Community First Response Project which provides emergency care services outside the hospital serving a population of about 1 million population.
Bisou Bailey Medical Dispensary which provides medical care services to the communities including deliveries, family planning, Reproductive and child health services to over 3,580 households and about 10,000 populations
Recent Accomplishments, Awards, Partnerships
Social Impact Incubator Champion 2021 – Segal Family Foundation (New Jersey, USA)
Young Medical Personality of the Year 2021 – Africa Youth Transformation (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
NGOSource Equivalent Determination Certified
GlobalGiving Vetted Organization
Blog Posts and Articles
- TRHM Opens New Emergency Dispatch Center in Mwanza
- CNN Video: Mobile Phone-based Emergency Response in Mwanza, Tanzania
- A Day in the Life: Faith James, Tanzania Rural Health Movement Project Manager
- A Day in the Life: Finias Joel, Responder of the Year
- NGO, rescuers, bodaboda in rapid first aid link