This is the Beacon Mobile App home screen. The map is managed and edited by dispatchers through the Beacon web pages.
- Home Screen — Brings you the Home Screen
- Chat Screen — Brings you to the Chat List screen
- Create Incident Screen — Brings you to the screen where you can create new incidents
- Settings Screen — Brings you to the settings screen where you can manage your status, transportation mode, messaging mode etc.
- More Screen — Show your current status, transportation mode, and provides links to other Beacon resources
- Incident Display — Click this button to view and respond to active incidents when available
- Zoom — Click this button to zoom the map view to your current location
- Satellite View — Click this button to toggle between satellite and static maps (available only when Google Maps has been selected as the Maps Provider on the Settings page for the Beacon web pages)
Map markers are indicated by the blue arrows in the photo above and can be clicked on to display more information. There are three types of map markers:
- Active Incidents — These are shown as red map markers and indicate where active incidents are currently happening
- Landmarks — Include hospitals and other transport destinations, hazards, and other points of interest
- Paths — Can show macro paths (like hurricanes or tornadoes) or micro paths, like evacuation routes and detours
- Zones — Illustrate areas of interest, like flood zones, the boundaries of mass gatherings, etc.