The Settings page allows responders to configure the app and manage their status.
Navigation: Settings Page
- Displays the Phone Number you’ve registered the app with. This is also the number where SMS will be sent by Beacon when in SMS Mode.
- Use the Availability Status setting to set yourself to On-Duty (shown as a green icon) or Off-Duty (shown as a gray icon)
- The Messaging Mode shows how you will receive communications from Beacon
- Data means you will receive messages and alerts through the mobile app via push notifications
- SMS means you will receive alerts through your phones default text messaging app
- *Important: If you switch the Messaging Mode from Data to SMS, you must immediately close the app without switching to any other screens in the Beacon mobile app. All screens in the Beacon mobile app require Data to function, so if you change your Messaging Mode to SMS and then go back to the Home Screen, for example, then Beacon will switch your Messaging Mode back to Data so that you can view the map.
- Click the Transport Mode icon to switch your Transport Mode
- Note: Whenever you switch from Off-Duty to On-Duty, Beacon will ask you to select your Transport Mode. If you don’t do this, you will not receive new communications from Beacon
- Click Language to select which language you want displayed in the mobile app as well as SMS messages
- Click the Performance Report button to display your personal stats
- Click GPS Tracking to select how frequently you want Beacon to capture your GPS location
- Note: Unless otherwise instructed by your management, we recommend that you select “Only During Incidents” unless your phone is plugged into a constant power source as selecting “Always” will quickly drain your battery.