The Incident Notes feature is not for the collection and storage of personally identifiable information (PII) or personal health information (PHI). It is against our policy for any PII/PHI to be submitted here. PII/PHI includes, but is not limited to, full name, government identification numbers, driver’s license number, bank account number, passport number, date and/or place of birth, bio-metric records et al. This feature is only intended for information which would not be considered PII/PHI.
About Incident Notes for Responders
Beacon makes it possible for responders to submit and stores notes for incidents that they were assigned to. Submitting incident notes is only possible via SMS at this time, and these instructions will show you how to do it.
- To submit Incident Notes, the Responder must first know the ID of the incident that they were assigned to
- When the Responder is ready to submit their notes, they will start a new SMS message that contains the Incident ID inside a parentheses, like this: (18642)
- There should be no spaces before or after the Incident ID
- Once the Responder has written their notes, they will send the message to Beacon, just like any other SMS they send to Beacon
- When the notes have been received Beacon will send back a confirmation explaining the same
A couple other things to keep in mind regarding Incident Notes:
- Only Responders who have been assigned to an incident can submit notes
- Notes can only be submitted via SMS
- Responders can submit notes as many times as they wish, but they can’t be erased
- Notes can be submitted at any point after the Responder has been assigned to an incident – i.e., while the incident is still active or after it’s been completed
- Notes are stored in the Incident Report (click here to read how to retrieve and view your notes in the Incident Report)