The Incident Notes feature is not for the collection and storage of personally identifiable information (PII) or personal health information (PHI). It is against our policy for any PII/PHI to be submitted here. PII/PHI includes, but is not limited to, full name, government identification numbers, driver’s license number, bank account number, passport number, date and/or place of birth, bio-metric records et al. This feature is only intended for information which would not be considered PII/PHI.
Click here to learn how to submit incident notes via SMS.
About Incident Notes for Responders
Beacon makes it possible for responders to submit and store notes for incidents to which they were assigned up to thirty days after the incident. Mobile dispatchers are also able to add incident notes for incidents that they dispatched from their mobile device.
- In the Profile Menu scroll down to the Incident History button.
- Select the incident number for which you wish to add notes and click on the Add Notes button.
- Enter your notes and click Submit to save.
Note that notes are permanent and can not be edited or deleted from the incident record.
A couple other things to keep in mind regarding Incident Notes:
- Only Responders who have been assigned to an incident can submit notes
- Responders can submit notes as many times as they wish, but they can’t be erased
- Incident History only displays incidents attended or dispatched in the previous thirty days
- Notes can be submitted at any point after the Responder has been assigned to an incident – i.e., while the incident is still active or after it’s been completed
- Notes are stored in the Incident Report (click here to read how to retrieve and view your notes in the Incident Report)