This is the Group Chat screen where you can chat with Web Dispatchers and/or Responders using the Beacon Mobile App with Internet connectivity.
There are several types of chat groups:
- All Chat — This is a general chat group that includes all Web Dispatchers and Responders using the mobile app who are registered with your Agency Account
- Incident Chat –This is a chat group that is created for a specific incident and automatically includes all Web Dispatchers and Responders who are assigned to the incident. Responders who are not assigned to the incident cannot access it. When the incident closes the chat group is no longer accessible and will not appear in your chat list, though its contents will be saved on the Incident Details page and in the Incident Report
- Individual Chat — Chats that include yourself and one other member (Web Dispatcher or Responder)
- Group Chat — Chats that include more than two members, but are restricted only to members who have been added to the group by the creator
- Create New Chat — Click here to select members and name your chat group