Responder Icons on the Map
Responders using the Beacon mobile app who have given the app access to their location will appear on the dashboard map.
To monitor their progress:
- Click on the Responder Icon in the Responders Tab and the map will center its focus on their location
- Click on their Map Icon and a pop-up will appear, detailing:
- Their name
- Their phone number
- The ID number of the Incident they are assigned to, and
- Their current status
Beacon displays Desktop Notifications to Dispatchers any time an event of interest happens during an Incident. Every time a new one is sent, it will appear in the Desktop Notifications Tab and will be accompanied by an audible alarm.
There are two types of Desktop Notifications:
- Alerts (in red), which are generally problems that require assistance from Dispatchers, and
- Updates (in blue), which typically do not require assistance from the Dispatcher, but are important for them to know as the incident progresses.
Shown here are all the different Desktop Notifications
The Responders Tab shows all Available and Assigned Responders.
Assigned Responders appear in Red and their card provides the following information:
- Incident ID number
- Current Status
The Incidents Tab contains Incident Summary Cards for all active incidents. Click the ▼ to expand the Incident Summary Card and display all of the active incidents information, including a list of all responders assigned to this specific incident.
To add a Responder to an Active Incident (after it’s already been created) click on the Responders menu. An overlay will appear where you can select specific Responders to assign to the Incident.
Incident Details Page
The first section of the Incident Details page provides a summary of the information that was included when the incident was initially created, as well as additional information collected from responders and dispatchers during the incident, including:
- Incident Location as it was selected and/or entered by the Dispatcher, as well as GPS and What3Words coordinates
- Comments recorded and saved by the Dispatcher
- Incident Data entered by the Dispatcher when the incident was created
- Response Info:
- Zone/Groups (if selected by the Dispatcher)
- Incident Commander (if confirmed)
- Completion Status
- Patients transported (if any)
- Responder Notes (when submitted by Responders via SMS)
- Incident Chat (only records chat messages sent in the Incident Chat Group)
Message Log (3)
- Broadcast Alerts
- Total Broadcast Alerts Sent — Total number of alerts sent to Available Responders
- On-Time Replies — Number of replies received from Responders within Confirmation Windows 1 and 2
- Late Replies — Number of replies from Responders received after Confirmation Window 2 closes
- No Replies — Number of Available Responders received the alert but did not reply to it
- Resources Confirmed — Number and type of first responders who confirmed they can respond to the incident
- Total Assigned — All Responders assigned to the incident, whether self-assigned or assigned by a Dispatcher
- Self-Assigned — Number of Responders that were assigned to the incident after replying to the alert with their ETA
- Assigned by Dispatcher — Number of Responders that were assigned to the incident by a Dispatcher
- Assigned Resources — Lists the specific Responders that were assigned to the incident
- Incident Intervals — The length of time that each interval lasted
The Message Log also includes a play-by-play of all messages sent between Beacon and Responders that were involved in the incident.
It’s also possible on the Incident Details page for Dispatchers to manage the progress of Responders through the workflows by using the Simulate Message field (4) to send messages to Beacon on their behalf. All that is required is to enter the number that correctly replies to the last Beacon message sent ( in blue ) and clicking “Send“. Beacon will reply as if it was actually the Responder that sent the message ( in yellow ).