Incident labels provide standardized ways to describe incidents and organize record-keeping. All Beacon accounts come with default generic labels which can be easily customized according to your needs.
To customize incident labels:
- Click the Edit button on the Create New Incident form
This will bring you to the Incident Label List where you can create, edit and/or delete Incident Labels.
A couple points to keep in mind:
- You can customize the labels using whatever naming convention you prefer
- Whenever you include and incident label in an alert it will be sent to responders and also saved in your reports
- Class (A) is an independent label, while Category (B) and Type (C) are dependent labels
- This means that Types (or “Subcategories”) are paired with the Category they are listed under
- In the example below, “Abdominal Pain” (C) can only be selected if “Medical” (B) is selected first