INCLUSIVE ACCESS TO INCLUSIVE SERVICES
Beacon expands access to on-demand services and assistance for marginalized populations
Persons with disabilities often do not have access to the specialized care that they need. When left unattended, this can snowball into far graver medical conditions. Beacon helps to address:
1. QUALITY OF LIFE THREATS
2. BARRIERS TO DAILY CARE
3. OBSTACLES TO REHABILITATION
Establishing communication through Beacon can substantially improve access to specialized care and inclusive transport for marginalized populations.
HOW IT WORKS
QUALITY OF LIFE THREATS
1. BARRIER TO ACCESS
A person with a disability cannot access medical care or assistance
The individual or a caretaker places a request for assistance by text message.
Beacon can request additional information or will immediately create an alert to relay the necessary information as a text message to all available caretakers registered on the list.
Beacon receives confirmation responses from the caretakers and selects the nearest and most appropriate individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) and assigns them to the incident.
5. CARE DELIVERY
Assigned caretakers arrive at the location and confirm their arrival via Beacon, requesting additional assistance and resources if necessary.
Where indicated, the requesting party can be referred and/or transported to healthcare facilities for continued care.
- Low-tech set-up — A single internet connected-device is required to launch
- Universal accessibility — Can be used on any mobile phone, whether smartphone or feature phone, with or without internet connectivity
- Easy-to-use interface — Text message interactions require minimal input, are easily followed, and are predictable; Admin and Dispatch interface is intuitive and accessible on any device
- Automated control – After creating the initial alert, all resource coordination is automated, eliminating the need for dispatchers to micromanage individual resources
- Low-maintenance operations — No need to download apps or worry about updates; just register the Responder’s mobile phone number and they’re ready to go
- Modular architecture for easy customization — Beacon v2.0 has been re-built using a modular architecture to enable custom changes to message content and response sequence workflow
Inclusive Access for Disability Features:
- Customizable Resource Types — Can include a wide range of resource types with programmable pre-sets depending on one or more needs
- Multi-Provider Coordination – Allows for inclusion of and delegation between caretakers at multiple levels of care
- Hospital Bypass — Functionality to track bed availability and hospital bypass status via web admin pages for specialized care